Location: remote working initially then Munich, Germany
€75,000 - 85,000 per annum plus benefits package
Sector: Consulting - DATA
Job Reference: BDEDEDHPERM
Are you a Senior Big data engineer expert with at least five years of experience in big data an open mind to discuss a great opportunity?
I’m currently working with an innovative IT Consultancy with a focus on providing solutions for “Big Data” projects. They have a simple goal, to develop data-based (product) innovations which will enable their customers to understand, analyse, and use their complex data. Hopefully allowing their customers to see the true value of data and embracing its full potential guided by expert Data Scientists and Engineers.
With clients ranging from Lidl, E-On, Sky and Bosch, there will be a huge variety of tempting projects for you to take the lead on. You will be joining an existing team that is highly competent, agile, international and forms the heart of the company, so don’t expect to just be another number here. Being an employee-centric start-up, they make a promise to give all team members flexibility and personal responsibility. As a result, they live by Jurgen Appelo’s “Management 3.0” and the principles defined within it; Leading Agile Developers, Developing Agile Leaders.
What sort of things will you be doing as a Senior Big Data Engineer in this role?
- Competent handling of data, algorithms, numbers
- Hadoop, NoSQL, Kafka or web service developments
- Daily use of agile project management tools (eg SCRUM, Kanban)
- Parallel, batch and stream processing
- Design and development of Lambda / Kappa architecture
- Software Development
- Design and development of data-driven real-time solutions
- Project implementation via the cloud
What experience do you need for us to consider your profile?
- At least five years of experience in big data
- Very good knowledge of data processing systems, databases and common Technologies
- Fluent German and English
- Independent and result-oriented problem-solving skills
- Experience in using at least 4 of these:
- Hadoop technologies (Cloudera, MapReduce),
- Elasticsearch or Solr,
- Apache Spark,
- Apache Kafka (Confluent)
- Data Format Types (Avro, Parquet, JSON)
- Python and/or Java developments (Spring, JEE) Web technologies and web services (REST, SOAP)
- Knowledge in:
- SQL, PL / SQL, relational database management system (e.g. Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- ETL and data integration o NoSQL database management system (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4j) o cloud infrastructures (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Other platforms such as e.g. Oracle, Warehouse Builder, Data Integrator, Business Intelligence, Talend
- IBM Cognos, Tableau, Qlink, Git, Jenkins, Docker o Machine Learning
What will the role offer?
- An innovative and exciting start-up culture
- Modern office in Munich (when we are all allowed out to play again)
- Top-class team of data scientists, data engineers and information management specialists, all wrapped up in a pleasant working environment
- A truly agile organisation following Management 3.0
- Your choice of the newest equipment (MacBook, iPhone, Samsung Galaxy etc.)
- A culture of continuous learning and training with at least 10 training days every year
- The chance to take on responsibility from early on
- Monthly team events as well as a summer party, Oktoberfest event, and a Xmas Party
- The chance to hear first-hand about new and interesting projects in the world of big data
- Three “social days” – it is important for us to give back to the community
- And of course, gym membership
Get in touch to discuss in more detail.
Gorilla ERP is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy.