Location: Remote working initially then Munich, Germany
€75,000 - 85,000 per annum plus benefits package
Job Reference: AbInitioFKPERM
Are you looking for a step up in your data career?
I’m currently working with an innovative IT Consultancy with a focus on providing solutions for “Big Data” projects. They have a simple goal, to develop data-based (product) innovations which will enable their customers to understand, analyse, and use their complex data. Hopefully allowing their customers to see the true value of data and embracing its full potential guided by expert Data Scientists and Engineers.
With clients ranging from Lidl, E-On, Sky and Bosch, there will be a huge variety of tempting projects for you to take the lead on. You will be joining an existing team that is highly competent, agile, international and forms the heart of the company, so don’t expect to just be another number here. Being an employee-centric start-up, they make a promise to give all team members flexibility and personal responsibility. As a result, they live by Jurgen Appelo’s “Management 3.0” and the principles defined within it; Leading Agile Developers, Developing Agile Leaders.
What sort of things will you be doing as a Senior Ab Initio Expert?
(Probably very similar to what you do already just here instead)
- Execution of Ab Initio projects in different industries
- Gathering and examining customer requirements
- Analysis of data sets and models
- Testing graphs and plans
- Solving problems with data collection
- Troubleshooting jobs and troubleshooting
- Designing efficient and reusable ETL solutions
- Code check
What do we expect from you?
- Solid experience with Ab Initio
- Development experience with Ab Initio components such as Partition by Key, Partition by Round Robin, Gather, Merge, Lookup, Rollup, Scan, Join etc.
- Basic knowledge and practical experience with basic Ab Initio concepts: parallelism, parameterization, metaprogramming, continuous flows, projects/sandboxes, code promotion, etc.
- Good knowledge of handling UNIX scripts and SQLs
- Experience with ETL / ELT and data warehouse systems (DWHs)
- Experience in the design, development and provision of data integration/data extraction solutions
- Ability to develop generic/reusable solutions
- Willingness to support others
- Willingness to travel
What can we offer?
- An innovative and exciting start-up culture
- Modern office in Munich (when we are all allowed out to play again)
- Top-class team of data scientists, data engineers and information management specialists, all wrapped up in a pleasant working environment
- A truly agile organisation following Management 3.0
- Your choice of the newest equipment (MacBook, iPhone, Samsung Galaxy etc.)
- A culture of continuous learning and training with at least 10 training days every year
- The chance to take on responsibility from early on
- Monthly team events as well as a summer party, Oktoberfest event, and a Xmas Party
- The chance to hear first-hand about new and interesting projects in the world of big data
- Three “social days” – it is important for us to give back to the community
- And of course, gym membership
Get in touch to find out more!
Gorilla ERP is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy.