Location: Yorkshire - Plus some remote
£60,000 - £70,000 + 20% bonus, Plus benefits
Sector: Telecom and Media
Job Reference: DHORACLESOL100421
Is a leading Video, Broadband and Communications Company that operates in the UK and throughout Europe. They are committed to innovation, and developing market-leading, next generation products for both fibre and mobile communications.
Now, they are looking for a Oracle Solutions Architect for their Shared Services Architecture team in their Finance business group.
Job Purpose and Accountabilities
- Define architecture (i.e., high level design) for solutions delivered by Global Finance Systems (GFS):
- Accountable for architecture deliverables for the project or work-stream; ensure such deliverables are approved and/or reviewed by relevant stakeholders in a timely fashion
- Accountable for demonstrating that the solution, based on the defined architecture, meets functional requirements and quality of service parameters i.e., requirements traceability
- Understand business problems and requirements in-scope of a particular GFS project or work-stream to propose suitable IT solutions
- Demonstrate expertise in application, data and integration architecture and design; apply such principles when defining end to end high level design for an IT solution
- Demonstrate a good understanding of infrastructure architecture and design; work with relevant stakeholders to define correct infrastructure for IT solutions
- Have a basic understand of IT network principles and concepts with a view to applying these as required when defining IT solutions
- Work with system SMEs to help impact assess technical changes required based on defined architecture; help identify operational considerations like support model, software licensing, etc.
- Ensure that designed IT solutions meet formally stated parameters for quality of service
- Ensure that designed IT solutions comply with all relevant company policies and statutory regulations and guidelines; work with relevant governance stakeholders to understand requirements for compliance, identify and mitigate any gaps
- Work with project team members, GFS and T&I teams across the Client’s organisations and any third parties and/or vendors to help design and deliver IT solutions; work closely with project and technical delivery managers for timely delivery of IT solutions
Contribute to architecture and designs of solutions that are delivered by non-GFS projects but impact Shared Services Systems:
- Apply above architecture knowledge and skills to collaborate closely with T&I teams to contribute to architectural and design deliverables for such projects and work-streams
- Ensure that any impact on GFS systems due to such projects is accurately captured by the project to help deliver the overall solution
- Liaise with relevant GFS development and support teams in a timely fashion to ensure that GFS system impact is assessed and communicated to the project team
- Ensure any proposed system change due to such projects is aligned with GFS systems strategy
- Ensure that there is no negative impact to quality of service provided by GFS systems due to IT solutions implemented by such projects
- Ensure that any GFS systems continue to comply with all applicable company policies and statutory regulations and guidelines after changes due to such projects have been implemented
Fulfil operational responsibilities to ensure efficiency of GFS systems on an ongoing basis:
- Work closely with rest of the GFS strategy and architecture team members to input into GFS system strategy, process and support architecture
- Work with GFS and non-GFS business analysts and process SMEs outside the project framework to identify process efficiency opportunities by exploiting IT automation
- Work with GFS application owners to ensure that operational applications, systems and integrations are always compliant with company policies and statutory regulations and guidelines
- Provide architectural guidance for IT related small works/non project changes within Shared Services, as required
Preferred education/ qualifications:
University degree in IT or similar – however not essential experience as a solution architect is key.
formal training in architecture frameworks and methodologies across Oracle
Good understanding of ITIL best practice and development methodologies
Preferred Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of high-profile technology and process change projects in a architecture or development role – technical oracle skills make up a large part of this role
- IT development background with exposure to multiple programming languages and technology stacks
- Examples of delivering IT changes within a shared service environment
- Extensive Oracle experience R12 – Finance
- Good knowledge of financial controls, IT security standards and Data Privacy/GDPR requirements
- Sound knowledge of business case and benefit realization measurement
- Influencing skills at peer level and above
This is a great role to work for a leading company investing heavily in their ERP and IT infrastructure. For more information get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via this advert.
Gorilla ERP are acting as an employment business for this role.